Gene is the Managing Director of Field Assembly.
While Gene is an active competitor in combat sports himself, he spends more of his time coaching and running the business at Field Assembly. This forces him to look at both the macro and the micro when it comes to helping you achieve your goals. His extensive clientele, from close to a decade of experience, ranging from athletes to PMEBs looking for life-changing physical transformations, and even geriatrics looking to stay active and get injury-proof.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA, USA)
- Sports Medicine Australia Certified Sports Masseuse
- Precision Nutrition (PN) Level 1
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS) Level 2
- OKCI/KETA Kettlebell Instructor
- Strength and Conditioning (S&C) Coach for multiple combat sports athletes including:
- Andrew Laxa, Brown Belt competitor from Team Hilti BJJ (Sweden)
- Royal Chang, Purple Belt competitor from RCJJ/Atos (Singapore)
- S&C Coach for multiple swimmers including:
- Clement Lim (multi-time SEA Games medalist)
- Several junior swimmers aged 12 and below
- S&C Coach for National and Singapore Slingers basketballer Russell Low
- Other coaching experience involves fitness and prehab training for working professionals and geriatrics
- Used to compete in Muay Thai and MMA before 2014, and since then, competes in BJJ regularly (between 4-7 tournaments annually)